Monday, March 21, 2011

L'oreal Melbourne Fashion Week 2011

Recently I have had the opportunity to be amongst the most beautiful clothes I have ever seen during Melbourne Fashion Week. To say I was the lucky few is definitely an understatement. 1,200 hopefuls applied, 600 crossed their fingers during the interviews to fill only 300 volunteer positions. Incredibly they said YES to me. A little old Chartered Accountant that was eager to finally put my passion for fashion to good use.

I worked on literally every show that was on L'oreal Paris Runway in the back of house. After 15 hour day shifts (everyday for 2 weeks!), I can honestly say I wouldn't change it for the world.

Amongst all the shows I assisted, L'oreal Paris Runway 4 was my absolute favourite. Presented by In Style and under the talented stylist Jolyon Mason, the theme of the show was TRAVELS. Jolyon had his friend make paper binoculars, chapeau chinois and many more goodies to make this fantasy runway as realistic as possible.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amazing accessories and fur (fake!) were brought in by the amazing stylista Christine Barro - oh what I would do to just play in her shop all day long! Christine literally just arrived from Paris the day before to dawn us with her finds from PFW - JEALOUS!

Photobucket


(all photo credits: Style Melbourne)
x
the bare canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment